By mgallery on 13 July 2017
Henna, popularly known as Mehandi is a hair coloring dimension and loved by many parts of the world. DIY hair growth treatments can be greatly beneficial, especially when we are using ingredients like Mehandi. Because of many beneficial properties of Heena since long time back ancients kings, queens used to mix up with some powerful herbs to color their hair. Generally most of us use Henna for protecting our hair from sun and dust. Henna can make wer hair strong and nourish it from roots for a silky and shiny hair.
Thus looking to many benefits Who doesn’t want healthy hair that grows fast and therefore, before going head to read the process and ways to prepare mehndi paste for hairs let’s go ahead and learn the few benefits of Henna for healthy Hair growth and general tips. They are :
Benefits of Henna for Healthy Hair Growth
1. Mehndi used as Maintains Scalp Health
Henna can be quite cooling to the scalp. This, in combination with it antimicrobial properties, helps maintain scalp health. It helps fight off scalp conditions like dandruff.
2. Mehndi used as Balances Oil Production And pH Levels
Mehendi/Henna is perfect remedy for the issues like dandruff and also an excellent ingredient for balancing oil production and the pH of wer scalp. It removes the excess oil from wer hair, helping unclog follicles, and also restoring normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
3. Mehndi used as Boosts Hair Growth And Stops Hair Fall
The boosted scalp health, unclogging of pores, and balanced pH levels put a stop to hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. Not only will henna help wer hair grow faster, but it will also improve hair texture.
4. Mehndi used as Repairs And Strengthens Hair
The nutrients in mehndi help nourish wer hair while also repairing the damage. The balancing of the pH levels also helps seal the hair cuticle, leading to locks that are more lustrous and improve hair elasticity.
5. Mehndi used as Conditions Hair
Henna builds a protective barrier around each one of wer hair shafts, locking in moisture and keeping wer hair conditioned. It can be especially beneficial when used in hair packs in combination with other hydrating ingredients. Henna helps minimize issues such as hair breakage and split ends.
General Tips on Henna: Here are a few general tips that will help we to use henna is a more effective way and derive the best results.
- Applying henna pack twice a month makes hair glossy, healthy and voluminous.
- It repairs the damaged hair strands and restores the acid-alkaline balance of the scalp.
- It is an amazing conditioner for hair that protects the hair strands by building a protective layer and locking the nutrients and moisture.
- It is the best and safest way to color wer hair that has no ammonia, chemicals, and toxins.
- We can use henna even after hair is damaged with chemical cremes, but we need to wait 45 to 60 days to apply henna because it won’t stick or give a better result on colored hair.
- Henna should be avoid if we have severe scalp infections and extra dry hair.
- It is important to select henna from a good brand and it is best to avoid henna that is light green or gray in color.
- Try to buy heena from an authentic ayurvedic shop which has olive green color and sweet smell.
- For best result try to soak henna in an iron vessel that helps in oxidizing the henna.
- We can apply oil to wer hair and it should be done about 1 hour before applying henna.
- In many times, Mehendi doesn’t suit wer hair type, then it’s better to maintain a natural diet for healthy hair.
Process to prepare Heena (mehendi / mehndi) paste at home for Healthy and Nourished hairs:
1> Henna, Amla, Skikakai and Bring Rai Pack for Mehndi Paste
Benefits of henna for hair are well known, but all the rest of the ingredients used in this pack are also extremely beneficial for hair growth and healthy hair and are widely used in Ayurveda for treating hair and scalp problems.
Ingredients: Henna, Amla, Skikakai, Bring Rai hair Pack
Henna powder-2 cups
Amla powder-1/2 cup
Bring raj powder-1spoons
Procedure: We will get all these powders mixed together as a packet, or else we can get separately and mix them all. Mix all these ingredients before night with tea or coffee decoction and apply this mixture next day morning completely to wer hair and rinse after 45 minutes – 1 hour. Cover wer hair with some plastic cap. So that it keeps wer hair moist so that color will absorb quickly.
2> Henna, Coffee and Beetroot Pack
This is one of the best henna for hair and a side-effect free grey hair solution that contains the proteins and vitamins of eggs and lemons and provides a natural burgundy color to the hair that looks exactly like salon coloring.
Ingredients: henna beetroot pack
Henna – 2 Cups
Tea Liquor for mixing
Lemon Juice – 1 Whole Lemon
Egg White – 1 (Optional)
Coffee Powder – 2tbsp
Beet Root Juice – 1 cup
The most important thing to have gorgeous hair with henna is to select the right quality henna from a good brand. Now, pour the henna in an iron bowl and start pouring the tea liquor and mix continually, so there are no lumps. Next, add the coffee powder. It is preferable to use iron vessel because it allows the henna to oxidize and provide a rich and deep tint. Soak the mixture overnight. The following day before applying the henna, add the egg white, lemon juice, and beetroot juice. Mix well and apply the henna on hair evenly. Keep the pack for 2 to 3 hours, Wash away the henna with plain water and then wash hair with a mild shampoo.
3> Henna Hair Growth Oil
Henna can be used to make wer own essential oil, to get rid of hair fall, white hair, and pollution. This oil also promotes hair growth naturally.
Ingredients: henna hair oil
Henna powder-5 cups
Gingili oil – 1/4kg
Boil gingili oil until it gets heat, and add the henna powder to boil for 5 to 6 minutes. Wait until the mixture cools down completely, and store this mixture in a bottle for future treatment. Make sure to apply this oil every 2- 3 times in a week for 2 months.
4> Henna, Mustard Oil and Fenugreek Pack
This is one of the most effective healthy hair remedies that contain the goodness of fenugreek and mustard oil – both of which are well known for their benefits for promoting healthy hair growth. It is one of the most nourishing natural masks for dry hair treatment. Fenugreek is a rich source of protein that supplies essential nutrients to the hair follicles, whereas mustard oil encourages blood circulation in the scalp.
Ingredients: for Henna, Mustard oil, Fenugreek Pack
Henna – 2 cups
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 cup
Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
Soak the henna and fenugreek seeds separately in water overnight and in the morning grind the fenugreek seeds to form a past. Add the fenugreek paste and mustard oil to the henna, mix thoroughly and apply the pack on scalp and hair. Keep the pack on for 2 hours; wash off with water and following up with a mild shampoo.
5> Henna, Amla and Hibiscus Pack
This is undoubtedly the best DIY natural hair conditioner for smooth and silky hair. All the ingredients used in this pack are time tested remedies that have been used for ages to treat hair problems and providing healthy hair.
Ingredients: Henna, Amla and Hibiscus Pack
Henna powder – 2 cups
Amla powder – 1 cup
Hibiscus flower powder – 2 tbsp
Methi powder – 2 tbsp
Orange peel powder – 1 tbsp
Mix all these ingredients with a sufficient amount of curd before 1-2 hours of applying it to hair. Wash and rinse the hair after 1 hour, and make sure to cover wer hair with plastic cap.
6> Henna, Green Tea and Lemon Pack
Green tea is famous for its numerous health benefits, but it is also an effective conditioner for hair that also prevents hair fall by preventing the growth of DHT that causes hair fall. It softens the hair strands and enhances hair elasticity to prevent breakage. Lemon is yet another useful hair conditioner that provides a soft and silky texture to the hair. The combination of henna, green tea and lemon makes it one of the best oily hair home remedies.
Henna, Green Tea and Lemon Pack Ingredients:
Henna – 2 cups
Freshly brewed green tea – 2 cups
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Soak the henna powder in the brewed tea liquor overnight in an iron bowl. The next morning, add the lemon juice and beaten yogurt to it, mix well and apply the pack thoroughly on hair. Leave it on for 3 hours and then wash away the pack with water and wash wer hair with a mild shampoo.
7> Henna, Fenugreek and Curd Pack
This natural hair pack is one of the powerful natural remedies for dandruff and itchiness of scalp. The acidic nature of lemon and curd fights the fungus growth in the scalp and also moisturizes the scalp to prevent dryness.
Ingredients: Henna, Fenugreek and Curd Pack
Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) – 1 cup
Curd – 2 cups
Mehindi powder – 1 cup
Lemon – 1
Soak fenugreek seeds in curd overnight and grind it in mixer and mix 1 spoon henna or mehandi powder and add lemon juice and apply to wer scalp properly. Rinse wer hair after 45 minutes. Apply this pack weekly once. we can observe the reduction of dandruff slowly. Just wash wer hair with cold plain water, don’t shampoo wer hair.
8> Henna, Olive Oil and Egg White Pack
The best healthy hair tips are incomplete without the inclusion of olive oil into it. Dandruff is usually caused by excessive dryness of scalp and olive oil helps in moisturizing and nourishing the scalp in a gentle way. This is one of the effective natural remedies for psoriasis of the scalp. Egg white is a great source of high-quality protein that is essential for healthy hair.
Ingredients: Henna, Olive oil and Egg White Pack
Henna Powder – 2 cups
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Egg White – 1
Water for mixing
Soak the henna powder in water overnight. The next morning adds the olive oil and egg white to it; mix well and form a smooth paste. Apply the pack on scalp and hair evenly and leave it for 2 hours. Rinse away the henna with water and follow it up with a mild shampoo.
9> Henna, Amla Powder and Fenugreek Pack
Both amla and methi are widely used in Ayurveda and natural remedies for treating hair fall problems. Methi or fenugreek is loaded with proteins that nourish the hair follicles and prevent hair fall.
Amla powder – 1 cup
Mehndi powder (henna) – 3 spoons
Fenugreek(Methi) powder – 2 spoons
Egg white – 1
Lemon – 1
Mix all these ingredients 1 hour before applying to wer hair. Rinse wer hair after 45 minutes. Apply this pack weekly once. Within 6 weeks, we can see a drastic change with wer hair fall problem.
10> Henna, Coriander and Black Pepper Pack
Although henna for hair benefits are well known, but the uses of coriander and black pepper for preventing hair fall is rarely known. In reality, both coriander leaves and freshly ground black pepper powder are good cures for averting hair fall.
Ingredients: Henna, Coriander and Black Pepper Pack
Henna – 2 cups
Coriander leaves – a handful
Black Pepper Corn – 1 tbsp
Soak the henna in water overnight. Crush the coriander leaves to form a thick paste and grind the peppercorns. Add both the ingredients to the henna, mix thoroughly and apply on the hair roots and hair strands evenly. Wait for 1 or 2 hours, wash the henna off with water and then use a mild shampoo.
Henna for Hair Growth – Side Effects And Precautions
- It is crucial to ensure that the henna we are using is 100% organic. This is because most henna powders available on the market include harsh chemicals such as PPD (Paraphenylenediamine) to improve the color results. These chemicals can cause the following problems:
- Paraphenylenediamine is an allergen that can cause adverse reactions upon contact with skin. we might not have a reaction from the first couple of uses, but the more wer skin comes in contact with the chemical, the more likely we are to have an allergic reaction.
- The chemicals added to henna powders can also be extremely drying. The chemicals may end up over processing wer hair, causing it to become rough, dry, and unmanageable. This leads to issues like breakage, bad hair texture, and extremely unmanageable hair.
- If henna comes in contact with wer eyes, it can cause redness, irritation, watery eyes, and itching. If this happens to we, rinse wer eyes with cold water immediately. If problems persist, visit an eye specialist as soon as possible.
- With this out of the way, let us look at the different ways in which we can use henna to promote hair growth.
- This is one of the best henna for hair and a side-effect free grey hair solution that contains the proteins and vitamins of eggs and lemons and provides a natural burgundy color to the hair that looks exactly like salon coloring.